Sunday, June 12, 2011

Susan Komen 5K

It's my 3rd year in a row doing this race. I really enjoy the course and they always have a nice turn out. I've been feeling really good about training lately, so I was hoping for a new PR. I set out with the goal of trying to hold a 6:15 pace for the first two miles and then push as hard as I could for the last mile.
Mile 1 went off without too much of a hitch. The little incline at Gates Circle on Delaware always catches me even though I know it's coming. Finished mile 1 in 6:11.
Mile 2 continued to go well, but towards the end I could feel my energy going away from me fast. Fortunately, we turned on to Elmwood and a slight downhill. Mile 2 @ 6:13.
Mile 3, I pushed as hard as I could and finished it in 6:14. Not exactly negative splits, but hit my PR goal anyway. 5K @ 19:14/6:11 pace. 11th overall (out of 900+), 2nd in my age group out of 50+.

No comments:

Post a Comment