Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's a 1!!

I now have a 1 as the first number of my weight! I couldn't even tell you the last time this was. Very excited about this.

I rewarded myself with a nice 12-mile run this morning. It hurt! Not sure why, 12 miles is definitely well within my means, but I struggled during the second half and finished with some wicked left knee pain. Ironically enough, my hip feels fine. Ugh.

I am currently reading a book (this in itself is quite an accomplishment, as I'm not much of a reader) Ultramarathon Man, by Dean Karnazes. In one part of the book he was talking about a coach he had in middle school who's mantra was "If it felt good you didn't push hard enough. It's supposed to hurt like hell." Apparently, this coach's philosophy was to go out and run as fast and hard as you can every time. Quite interesting, and I love the simple, boot-camp like mentality. My body doesn't like it at all and right now it is screaming. I will be enjoying several ice treatments tonight.

Mileage: 12.00
Time/Pace: 1:56:59/9:45

Well of the pace I wanted (9:15), but the elements are partially to blame. the first 6 were with a nice tail wind, but at the turn around I was blasted by wind and rain and by this point in the run I was soaked to the bone. I didn't give up, and it HURT LIKE HELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment