Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grinding it Out

Tough run today. Went out slow and got even slower. It was a lot more humid than I thought it would be (more on that later.) I got to the point in the 4th mile (out of 6) where I wanted to quit, but was able to get through it. I developed a small blister on the insole of my right foot; kind of a weird spot, never had to deal with blisters before. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with running in the grass. It is less stable footing, so possible for more rubbing in unusual places. Either way, tough workout.

Temp: 80
Weather: Sunny, Humid

Time/Pace: 1:07:20/11:13
Avg Heart Rate: 155

What's with the weather men/women on Channel 2? Yesterday morning Andy Parker said that today was going to be hot and very humid. On the 6 o'clock news, Marie Gennaro (?), said hot, but assured me several times that it was going to be low humidity. Then again this morning Parker gave the same forecast he gave yesterday. Which is it? You'd think they could get their forecasts to line up. It's not that I would have changed my plans, I just found it silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment