Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jake and The Fat Man

Running through Delaware Park doesn't seem like much of a task. I've done it several times. It's that hill that always kills me. The first time around was at the beginning of the race, so it wasn't too bad. However, midway through the 2nd mile, I hit the hill again. Ugh! It looks so innocent and yet it kicked my ass. I set my goal for a 8:01 mile, and was 3 seconds ahead of that pace (thanks Garmin!) heading into the hill. By the time I got to the top, I was 25 seconds behind! Sad!! I was able to get some of that back, but not all of it.

Anyway, nice race, but not my best....

25:09/8:04

Day off tomorrow....then training begins for the half marathon in Rochester (Sept 13). I will be attempting to follow the Cool Running Half Marathon Intermediate Training Program.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! Don't worry about your time too much. "The Hill" at Delaware is a tough one, no matter how many times you run it, but especially in a race where you run it twice. Don't be too surprised if you hit a bit of a plateau right now because of the number of races you've run in a short amount of time. Stick to your training, stay healthy, and you should lose more time in the next couple of weeks. Good luck in the 10K on the 4th!

    ReplyDelete