Thursday, November 25, 2010

YMCA Turkey Trot

Brrrr....Shi.shi.shivveerrrrrr....

New strategy this year. GET CLOSER TO THE FRONT!

I slipped in a few rows back of the front row. Great decision! I encountered none of the bottlenecking that I had in previous trots. My goal today was a "simple" 6:30 pace. 4 days after the marathon, I am showing no signs of fatigue or soreness. Well, at least not until I started running.

Within the first mile, I was feeling terribly winded, much more so than usual. About midway through mile 2, I just shut it down. My heart was racing much too high and I was just feeling sluggish. Oh well, marathon hangover?

Totals
Mileage: 5.00
Time/Pace: 38:31/7:45
Avg HR/Max HR: 190/211 (yikes!!)
Elevation: 78ft
T/W: high 30's, light drizzle, cold

Not my best 8K, but definitely the best Trot time, I've had in 4 years. What's next...rest and then back to training next week! New goals, new races, stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment