Wednesday, February 24, 2010

???????? (%&*#!@)

I'm feeling uncertain as to what to do right now. Today, I ran another 7, and felt the aches in my right leg the entire time. I'd put this pain at about a 6 out of 10, tolerable, but I'm sure it impacts my running form to some degree. The first logical response would be STOP, until better, cross train until then. This is okay, but I have my last 20 miler scheduled this week, and I'm wondering how this will impact my prep for the marathon. I guess it is more important to get well or I may not be running at all.

The March issue of Runner's World had a good article about dealing with injury issues, so I guess I should just suck it up and rest, get better, pass on some of my runs and races, and hope for the best....

Mileage: 7.00
Time/Pace: 1:04:04/9:09
Avg HR: 147
T/W: 31 (23 wc)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're hurting! That sucks! I just did a half with an injured hamstring and I can't imagine doubling that distance with that pain (like yours tolerable, but not good). Anywhere you could pool run? It's supposed to keep up cardio. Deena Kastor used it (I think it was shown in Spirit of the Marathon). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete