Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week Summary

I've been struggling with a sore right hip and knee and so not much running at all this week.

Thursday: I did 30 minutes on the bike at level 10 setting, keeping RPM's above 100. I also began a strength training program, as I have been lacking this.

Friday: 60 min on bike, core work.

Saturday: 60 min on bike, core work.

Sunday: 3 mile run on treadmill 9:26 pace. This was a test to see how my body is healing. Hip still sore about 5 out of 10 as far as pain goes. I will wait another 3 days and run again.

In the meantime, I bought a aqua jogger. I plan on adding this to my workouts, hopefully I will be able to maintain my cardio-fitness throughout all of this. I bailed on the race I was looking at today, but I hope to get back out there this weekend for to Shamrock Run 8K.

No comments:

Post a Comment