Monday, March 29, 2010

Ahhhhhh! Running Again!

After a long week of rest and recovery I got back out today. The week's rest was much needed for the body even though by Friday I was yearning for a run or some kind of activity. I spent the week really focusing on managing what I was putting in my mouth.

Weight loss logic is really pretty simple if you are dedicated to it. Studies show that a caloric deficiency of 3500/week would net you a 1 lb. per week weight loss. Using that as a model, use a combination of diet and exercise to cut 500 calories a day out of your diet to lose 1 lb a week. Because I've been frustrated with my weight plateau over the past couple of months, I decided to be a bit more aggressive, 2lbs/week or cutting/burning 7000 calories a week. Based on my current weight, I need 2500-2800 calories per day to sustain my current weight with no exercise. Therefore, I am trying to eliminate about 1000 calories/day from this and targeting 1800 calories/day.

Food consumption has always been an issue for me. I love to eat. I have a nice little app on my I-Phone called Lose It! which helps me to track my caloric intake. I can also enter my exercise, which in effect, gives me more calories to consume. Take today for instance...my base calories are 1800, but I've "earned" and extra 878 calories from my run and strength training that I've done today.

Over the past week, this strategy has been doing well for me. I started off last week at 206 and ended the week at 201. Nice loss and a bit of a break through. 199 here I come!

Today's Run:

Mileage: 3.00
Time/Pace: 26:59/8:59
Avg HR: 154
T/W: 41/cloudy

I was shooting for a 9:15 pace today, but my body felt so good and it was like trying to hold back a 150lb dog on a leash, chasing a rabbit. I just went with it. Tomorrow...Yasso 800's!

No comments:

Post a Comment