Thursday, March 3, 2011

Treadmill Movie Review: Duplicity

My wife and I tried to watch this movie awhile back, but were unsuccessful. At the time, we found the plot a bit confusing and we weren't really wowed by the opening sequences. Today, with a 20-miler on tap, I figured I'd give it another shot.

Duplicity is one of those romance/suspense/bit-of-a-twist movies that we have become too accustomed to. They try really hard to confuse you with some slight of hand, i.e. jumps back and forth from the present to the past, feeding you bits and pieces of non-sequential information. The story really needed it too, because it was otherwise as transparent a pane of glass. You felt the "twist" coming the whole time and if I wasn't on the treadmill, I would have ran from this one along time ago. Too bad too, with a decent cast; Clive Owen, Julia Roberts, etc.

Anyway, run went off without a hitch, legs still a bit tired, but understandable with the work I've been putting in lately. Tomorrow is looking very much like a day off, before an 8K race on Saturday.

Mileage: 20.00
Time/Pace: 2:56:28/8:49
Avg HR/Max HR: 137/164

No comments:

Post a Comment