Friday, November 20, 2009

5 for Friday

Another run with a bit more soreness than I'd like, but last run for the week. I am in a mini-taper mode for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. I am only running 2 of the next 5 days, enough to keep me loose, but rested.

Mileage: 5.00
Time/Pace: 45:41/9:08
Avg HR: 150
Elevation Gain: 659
Temp: 43

I've started to think about a strategy/goal for the Turkey Trot. I should have no problem beating my best at this distance as I have been running consistently for 8 months now. The previous two Trots were done with little or no prep. So the question is how much can I beat it by. I have found a pace predictor tool that you can put in a time for one race distance and it will predict your pace for another distance. I'm not sure if it works or not, but it is worth a shot! With my recent 23:00 5K it predicts that I should be able to run an 8K at a 7:38 pace. I certainly would be happy with this.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you, FGR! I hope that you get your PR. Just a heads up...there are so many people running in the Trot that you need to pick your spot at the start of the race. This race tends to attract a lot of people who have never run/haven't run in a couple years who still think it's okay to line up at the front of the starting line. You'll have to weave through them for the first 1/2 - 3/4 mile or so. It killed my time lats year when I got stuck behind a slow group. I say, do it the hockey way --- throw some elbows! Anyway, I'm sure you'll run just great. Have fun --- it's a race that is just a blast to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete