Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Aching 8

Today's run was tough. My body was quite sore at the start, and didn't get much looser. I fought through it, but it sure did feel good to stop. I know we all have days like this, but it is still frustrating, especially since I have been feeling great about my runs lately. My pace suffered as a result of this soreness, the hills didn't help either. To put the hills in perspective, on Sunday I ran 13 miles and had a total elevation gain of 202 ft, while today's 8 miles had a gain of 418. Don't get me wrong, I'm only partially complaining. I love what I've accomplished so far, and am looking to do even more. I take a twisted joy in punishing my body through these hills and feel great at the top. This struggle, this internal battle with myself, is what keeps me going; that and the fact I blog to all of you out there and I wouldn't want to let you down now!

Mileage: 8.00
Time/Pace: 1:16:33/9:34
Avg HR: 156

No comments:

Post a Comment