Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Train Hard, Race Easy

Think about that...Train Hard, Race Easy. Makes total sense, not only in running, but also in life. I have embraced this saying lately. Prime example is this morning. I didn't get to bed last night until 1:30 and I have to be to work at 8. I woke up at 5:30am to get my run in. Old me would use this as a perfectly legitimate excuse to bail on a run today, and I would be justified. Why bail though? Why not use the less than ideal circumstances to push myself harder and longer; after all the theory suggests it will only make me stronger. So, I dragged myself out for a 3-miler. I'm glad I did!

Mileage: 3.00
Time/Pace: 25:27/8:29
Avg HR: 155

Sunday, I also ran 13 miles...here's the stats...

Mileage: 13.00
Time/Pace: 1:59:35/9:11
Avg HR: 149

This 13-miler was perhaps my most consistent run to date. I was aiming to keep consistent splits through out (target 9:15/mile). For the first 12, I ranged from 9:08 to 9:18. The last mile I kicked it up a notch and logged a 8:42. Very pleased with this run, my body is still aching though. More long runs in my future...

1 comment:

  1. nice job getting up and out, especially in this 28 degree/frosty morning weather!

    ReplyDelete