Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Trot Plans

Here's my goal for tomorrow's Turkey Trot...38:10/7:41 pace. How will I get there....?

1) Get closer to the starting line. The last couple years have been a nightmare of weaving through people for the 1st mile.

2) Negative splits. Even though my last few races have been successful, I still feel tons of room for improvement. The key is not starting out too fast. I realize that I will still have to deal with the crowd no matter how close to the line a get, so I need to take this in to account. My split times will be (notice I say WILL!) 7:48, 7:48, 7:38, 7:28, 7:28.

3) Avoid overdressing. Because I like my gadgets and gear so much, I want to use them all of the time. In my last 5K I was dressed too warm and really suffered in the last half of the race. I have to tell myself it is good to be cold at the start of the race.

4) Make a Killer (!) race mix. I love my ipod, just got a new Ipod Shuffle. It's really nothing more than a flash drive, so light you don't even know it's there. I will sit down tonight and work out the perfect mix of inspirational tunes, to get me through the tough spots.

5) Have fun. I've really fallen in love with running this year and I can't say how much I enjoy being out on the road with other people that feel the same way.

Today's Run

Mileage: 3.00
Time/Pace: 26:17/8:46
Avg HR: 150
Temp: 44

1 comment:

  1. good luck, have fun! Thanks for the reminder to make a new playlist, I'm going to do that right now for my 10k tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete