Monday, January 25, 2010

January Thaw and Intense Flooding

I woke up this morning at 5am to get in a run before work. Today's work schedule looked to be a fun one. The plan was to walk a creek bed, doing some visual recon for a project at work. What I experienced was a bit different than what I had in mind, monsoon-like rains, flash flooding, washed out roads,etc. The picture shown here, is of a truck driving through a flooded road, my Toyota would never had made it. Schools closed early, roads closed, what a fun day!

Other than that, a great day to run. I've written about how much I enjoy a bit of rain for my run and this morning didn't disappoint. I was able to get rid of one of my 3 winter layer and probably could have gone with just one layer. No hood, no hat, just some good running!

Mileage: 6.00
Time/Pace: 55:40/9:16
Avg HR: 158
T/W: 42, rain

No comments:

Post a Comment