Sunday, January 31, 2010

Penguin Run 5K

Brrrr...it's cold out! Mixed results today. I was thrilled to get out today for some race action. My goal was to break 23:00, and I just missed it with a 23:06. I'm sure I could have done this if I didn't have to wear 3 layers. But then I looked back at my last race, Lindsey's Legacy in November, the race actually measured 3.09 and today's was 3.11. My pace today was 7:25, November 7:26. Is this a PR? I think I'll count it as one as the pace is lower and for me this is ultimately what I look at. What do you think?

Mileage: 3.11
Time/Pace: 23:06/7:25
Avg HR: 168
T/W: 14 (WC 5), light snow
Splits: 7:31, 7:22, 7:32, :40

4th out of 28 in my age group
90 out of 596 overall

2 comments:

  1. Go with it as a PR! Way to get out there and get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure it's a PR! Especially considering the conditions you ran in, and the fact that you are training for a marathon, not a 5K. Nice job, FGR. That's a really good 5K time to start out with for the new running year. I think you'll be breaking into 20 minutes by the summer. Also, thanks so very much for your very generous donation to my TNT race! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete