Monday, October 12, 2009

Beware: Man Wielding Plunger

So I had to go back to Binghamton for work on Sunday evening. I got in around 8 and decided that I just had to get a run in. I had an 11-miler on schedule. I knew I wouldn't do that much, but tried to get in as much as possible. It was past 8pm and dark, so stuck to the main and well-lit roads. Another great run in 40 degree weather.

I must caution all of you though as to the perils of night running. BEWARE OF MAN ON BIKE WITH PLUNGER. He is a fierce night creature. He prefers a super force cup and an old-fashioned wooden handle. WARNING!!! DO NOT APPROACH THIS MAN FROM BEHIND. Even though he may have passed you mere seconds ago, he may just stop, forget you were behind him and as you approach, he may raise his street weapon to deter you from attacking him. This creature, while easily spooked, will soon retreat, when it realizes that you aren't after his goodies, just interested in burning some calories on a nice fall evening.

Mileage: 8.00
Time/Pace: 1:20:25/10:03
Avg HR: 144

No comments:

Post a Comment