Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chowder Challenge 5K

Nice cold day for a race! Temperature for an 11am start time was 43. I was a bit apprehensive about how well prepared for this race I was, but went out and did it anyway. My best at this distance was 23:50/7:39. I look at the pace times just as equally as the overall time, as each race seems to be just a bit different in length, even though they are all listed as 5K. MY goal today was to knock at least :05 off my best time.

Mileage: 3.07
Time/Pace: 23:08/7:32

My Splits: M1: 7:31, M2: 7:41, M3: 7:33, Last .1 (or actually .07) :22.

Very pleased with this and even though, shorter than other races, it still qualifies for a PR, with the pace and time both being below my previous best.

On tap for tomorrow....an easy 12 miler.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again, FGR! You're doing great. It was really cool to meet you, although I have a feeling that in the next race or two, at the rate that you're improving, I'll have to try to catch up to you! Again, nice race. See you at the Chestnut Ridge 10K.

    ReplyDelete