Sunday, October 4, 2009

Flip Flop

I switched this weekends runs, 10 yesterday and 4 today. Both went well. It feels so go to be able to do a 10 mile run and actually function in society afterwards. I remember the first time I ran 7 miles. The rest of the day was pretty much shot. I couldn't move, eat and even had a hard time sleeping. Not so anymore, I am looking forward to increasing my mileage over the next two months, before I begin my marathon training.

Yesterday's Stats:

Mileage: 10.00
Time/Pace: 1:39:44/9:58
Avg HR: 156

Today:

Mileage: 4.00
Time/Pace: 36:48/9:12
Avg HR: 143

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, FGR! 10 mile runs always send me for a loop.... when I was training for the Buffalo Half Marathon we had weekly runs of 10 -12 miles. I would literally need to get home, shower, then nap for 2 - 3 hours before I could function properly for the rest of the day. You will work yourself out of the "shock," and it in fact sounds like you already are! I'm looking forward to the Chowder Challenge 5K too...any race combining running with chowder (hopefully of the potato variety) is aces in my book. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete