Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chestnut Ridge Challenge 10K

Race Day! The Chestnut Ridge Challenge is just as advertised, no frills! Just a bunch of runners, willing to bear the elements, the hills, and each other's grunting and groaning to the end. Last year's race was in quite the downpour, so I considered today's "balmy" weather (low's 40's and wind) a nice day.

Race Strategy: I usually try for negative splits, but with such a hilly terrain my goal was to attack the downhills and try to outlast the uphills, including "Mother". This led to a slower second half (mostly uphill).

I still performed well and PR'd for this distance.

Mileage: 6.16
Time/Pace: 43:23/6:59
Avg HR/Max HR: 168/200
Elevation Gain: 484ft

I finished 3rd in my age group, 10th overall. Better yet, my prize was a loaf of homemade banana bread, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment