Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cross Training and Resistance Training

I suppose I should document all of my other activities not just my running days. Since June I have been regularly been doing upper body and core work. I don't do weights for my legs as the running seems to be strengthening them just fine. I have been trying to do resistance training on my off running days and core work 3x per week.

My upper body work consists of 2 sets of 3 different exercises for each muscle group: chest, shoulders, back, triceps and biceps, with 15-20 reps per set, light weight. I did this workout today.

My core workout is with a medicine ball taken from Runner Dude's Core Workout.

Tomorrow I am also going to give the pool a try. Now that I am working out of town, I have more time to do more training. I work longer hours, but because I am not home I have nothing else to do in my down time.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Patrick's. You ran a half marathon sub 2 hours? Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Melanie. This was my first half so I'm pleased. Enjoy the blog. I look forward to reading about your endeavors as well.

    ReplyDelete