Saturday, September 26, 2009

Running with No Socks and Other Tales from the Road

It's been hectic and though I haven't blogged much this week I still was able to get the scheduled runs in.

Wednesday...I forgot to pack socks. I could I do that?!? My wife says I should make a list of things I need to pack every week. I refuse, but clearly my packing strategy has some holes. I was only doing four miles, so I just ran without socks. Bad idea! Socks are VERY important. Even though I only ran 4, I still developed the beginnings of a couple of blisters. I won't do that again!

Mileage: 4.00
Time/Pace: 39:39/9:54

Thursday...I had nice 6 miler scheduled. I run by cemeteries all of the time. I have never ran through one, but today I figured what the hell (no pun intended). Cemeteries are interesting and quite thought provoking. It is kind of neat to look at all of the headstones, Smith, Czewinski, Doll, Fischer, etc. There are a lot of dead people in there. What happens to a cemetery once all of the space is gone? Am I bothering anyone? I guess not. How long do you get a space? Forever? In theory, we could eventually have no where left to bury people if you never have to "give up" your space.

A cemetery joke for you: Why are there fences around cemeteries?....everyone is dying to get in!!!

Mileage: 6.42
Time/Pace: 1:01:43/9:36
Avg Heart Rate: 149

Today...I had a lot of energy today throughout the run. It is a great feeling to run 7 miles and feel fine afterwards. It was only a few months ago that 7 miles of run would drain me for the rest of the day, but now it is just a small part of the day. Also, got in a core workout.

Mileage: 7.00
Time/Pace: 1:06:52/9:33
Avg Heart Rate: 148

No comments:

Post a Comment