Friday, December 4, 2009

4 Mile Tempo Run

"In the 30 years I've been a runner, I've run more than 150,000 miles. Still, some of the hardest steps are those first few getting out of the door for daily runs."-Bill Rodgers

I had to DRRAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG....my butt out of bed this morning for a run. I skipped it yesterday, so sleepy.....

I don't have much experience with this type of running, other than trying to maintain a fast pace in an actual race. The schedule called for about 6 miles total with 4 miles at an 8:08 pace. I decided to do this on a track nearby as this area is very hilly, and I know the focus is speed not elevation. Overall I feel pretty good about what I did. The last 1.5 miles were a bit of a struggle, but I made it.

Tempo Run:
Mileage: 4.00
Time/Pace: 32:31/8:08
Avg HR: 166
Temp: 31

Grand Total:
Mileage:6.30 (with warm up/cool down)
Time/Pace: 56:18/8:56

No comments:

Post a Comment