Thursday, December 17, 2009

FootPod and The Treadmill for a Tempo Run

I received my footpod for my Garmin GPS watch today and it was also very cold out. Perfect for some treadmill work. Pretty mild workout today, it felt much easier than running outdoors. Part of this could be due to the fact that I have been wearing 3 layers lately when running outside. Today's run on the treadmill was nothing more than a pair of running shorts and t-shirt. Either way, this was a much easier tempo run than I have experienced previously. The footpod is great so far.

The goal for today's run was 3 miles at an 8:04 pace, with a warm up and cool down mile. My splits were 8:02, 8:05, 8:04. It was a bit difficult to get the pace exactly right as I couldn't get the treadmill set at 8:04/mile. I had to adjust it up and down a bit, but I think I was close enough.

Mileage: 5.00
Time/Pace: 43:28/8:42
HR: 147

No comments:

Post a Comment