Tuesday, September 14, 2010

5 EZ Miles and The Next Step

You'd think that after running a marathon just two days ago, I'd be craving more of a rest. Quite the opposite actually. All day long I was thinking about getting on the road; not just thinking about it, but dwelling, nay (!), fantasizing about it. Wow, I have issues. True, my legs were still aching, but sometimes the heart what what the heart wants, so off I went. I got in 5 miles, targeting a 8:30 pace, with some general soreness.

Mileage: 5.00
Time/Pace: 42:03/8:24
Splits: 8:24,8:29, 8:28, 8:25, 8:15
Avg HR/Max HR: 142/154
Elevation Gain: 125ft
T/W: 60, cool & clear

So, what's next? I have to big events left this year and a couple of little ones. The first event is a F1 duathlon, 2m Run, 10m Bike, 2m Run, 10m Bike, 2m Run. I've done a few duathlons this year, but never this type, so new experience. I also am running the Philadelphia Marathon in November.

I will be spending the next few months with a greater focus on speed work, both with intervals and tempo runs. I will also be practicing my bike to run transitions and building my base mileage hopefully to 50 miles/week.

I am truly addicted to running and biking. I guess it could be worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment