Sunday, August 16, 2009

5 for Saturday, 10 for Sunday

I missed writing about my run yesterday, due to time constraints. Here's the stat for Saturday's 5 miler.

Mileage: 5.00
Time/Pace: 47:29/9:29
Avg. Heart Rate: 149

Yesterday's run didn't feel so good. My left knee felt "loose". Not sure what the deal is there, I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Bridal shower day, hooray! Actually, as far as things like that go it was well done. My wife and a couple of other girls in the wedding did the planning. It was bearable. Now, I'm not suggesting that this should become a common practice, but being what it was, it was good. Highlight of the day...the dog (not mine) eating the groom's name off of the cake. Hilarious!!

So...today I set the alarm for early, determined to get my 10 miles in before it began to smolder. I felt great waking up, no lingering knee pain from yesterday. The 10 went by quickly, no major issues, unlike last week. I might be getting used to the humidity too, which is a plus.

Mileage: 10.00
Time/Pace: 1:44:17/10:25
Avg Heart Rate: 149

Temp: 82
Weather: Hazy, Humid

My wife and I just got back from Fleet Feet. I think I have her convinced to start some running. We got her fitted for some nice running shoes and I also picked up a new pair of shoes as I'm up to about 350 miles on the current pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment