Monday, August 31, 2009

Week In Review

My longest run, a 5K PR, a bunch of miles, what could be better? I'm pleased with this week's work and now I am reducing mileage in preparation for my first half marathon attempt. I scoped out the route this week, looks a bit hilly, but nothing I can't handle. I feel very prepared and can't wait. I have one more tune up race planned, the 15K Run into Buffalo.

I have begun to think about what time I want to go after. I'm certain that breaking 2hrs. would be an achievement for me. I did a bit of research online using a race predictor and this is what it came up with...based on my most recent 5K time 24:00, it suggested a 1:50:24 half (8:25 pace). This seems to me to be a bit aggressive, but it would get me to my goal, so what the heck.
I am going to test this pace predictor in the 15K (it suggests 1:16:43/8:14 pace). I will incorporate this with my negative split strategy that has proven successful in my recent 5K (:05 per mile).

Week's Stats:

Days: 5
Mileage: 34.11
Time/Pace: 5:23:13/9:29
Avg. Heart Rate: 148

2 comments:

  1. Great job on a great week-- You are really making a lot of progress. I read your posts below and it sounds like you are TOTALLY ready for the Rochester half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick,

    Thanks for the comments! I feel ready to go and am thrilled about my progress. I'm already looking to a marathon in March in Virginia. I hope I'm not getting to far ahead of myself.

    ReplyDelete