Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Speed Work + Me = Disaster

Okay, well maybe not that bad, but it felt like that about half way through. My plan was a one mile warm up, followed by mile intervals with half mile slow recovery jogs. The miles were supposed to by at a 5K pace, so I settled on a goal of 8:02, which is basically what I had running in actual races. The first mile went off well at 7:58. The second mile, 8:10, not as good, but still acceptable. Then, WHAM, giant wall. I have no idea what happened. I was running into a bit of a headwind, but I certainly cannot blame it all on that. I felt as though I had concrete shoes on and finished with a 9:18. Ugh! At one point I even wanted to quit, so it was a victory just to finish.

Mileage: 6.00
Time/Pace: 58:16/9:43
Avg Heart Rate: 159

Temp: 77
Weather: Sunny, Warm, Medium Humidity

No comments:

Post a Comment