Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pushing the Envelope/Week in Review

I had serious doubts that I'd be able to get out for a run today. This weekend was dedicated to working on the roof. My diet this week was horrible. I pretty much ate pizza, chicken wings, and other fast food as a necessity to get food in me and continue roofing. My body was hurting from this and the stress of crawling in, on and around a roof. My body and mind was craving a run. At about 2 today, I decided I was going to push the envelope and get a run in tonight. I had every reason to put it off to another day. However, I wanted to really see what I could do when not at my best. I was definitely feeling run down and maybe even a bit of nausea. I ran anyway. Then a glorious thing happened. My body responded in a way that I could never expected. I ran a solid 7 miles, each mile feeling stronger than the first. I actually gained energy with each step and feel fantastic now! I really don't intend to do this on a regular basis, but it was great.

Week Stats:

Mileage: 21.13
Time/Pace: 3:26:15/9:46
Avg Heart Rate: 151

Hopefully, today's inspiring run will get me refocused to the stretch push to the half-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment