Sunday, August 9, 2009

Oh...So THIS is What Summer Should Feel Like

I think we actually had a "normal" summer day. Mid-eighties, hot, humid, a thunderstorm, etc. I did an evening 10-miler and....WHEW...it was the absolute toughest run I ever did. My numbers tell the story. It was humid, and I felt like I had to work twice as hard as usual. I really wanted to give up a few times, but I was able to dig down, deep, deep, down and finish it. The numbers are nothing to be proud of, but I think the experience of running in these conditions will prove to be valuable. I can now say that I've done it and can draw from that the next time I encounter similar situations.

Mileage: 10.00
Time/Pace: 1:50:18/11:02
Avg Heart Rate: 159

Temp: 82
Weather: Partly Sunny, Intense Humidity, Wind

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I only ran a few miles...I just couldn't take this heat and I also got caught out in that crazy thunderstorm. I want my 68 degree weather back, with no humidity, please!

    ReplyDelete