Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Soft


"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people."-Bill Bowerman

I set out today for my 20 mile run, chanting this. I really thought I had it all figured out. The weather channel stated that the temperature at my home away from home, in NEPA, was 31. Of course that is measured in the wind sheltered valley and my place is on the hilltop about 1000ft higher in elevation, totally exposed to the wind. Regardless I set out, feeling pretty confident and determined to not be a "softie". For the next 45 minutes, I was beaten down by not only a crushing wind, but also humbled by dirt roads turned ice skating rinks (see picture). 7 miles into it, I caved.

Mileage: 7.38
Time/Pace: 1:07:43/9:10
Avg HR/Max HR: 138/152
Elevation: 615ft

You win today Bill. I'm soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment