Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Treadmill Movie Review: Bangkok Dangerous

Another 20 miles, another movie....

Today's choice was Bangkok Dangerous, the 2008 action movie starring Nicholas Cage. I chose it because I have generally been a fan of cage, though his recent performances have been less than stellar. In this movie, we follow a professional hitman, who breaks all his rules of getting personal with people during a string of "jobs" in Bangkok. He falls for a deaf woman, takes on an ambitious student and as a result puts his "career" and life in jeopardy. An otherwise cool, calm and collected man, Cage's character (and I couldn't even tell you his name, it was that good) slowly unravels, gets a heart and begins to question his own morales. This was a very SLOW MOVING plot, pretty lame action sequences and a highly predictable ending. I would have turned it off before the end, but I needed something to fill the time during my 3 hr trot.

Overall, two very big THUMBS DOWN.

Mileage: 20.00
Time/Pace: 2:59:29/8:58
Avg HR/Max HR: 146/169

Avg HR was higher than I was hoping for. I was shooting for no more than 141, but I did kick up the pace 20 seconds over last week's goals so....

No comments:

Post a Comment