Tuesday, July 14, 2009

El Nino?!?

Is this summer? Stepping outside today I was rudely shocked by almost fall like conditions. I briefly thought about going back in to grab a long sleeve shirt. It is pretty weird how mild it has been this summer. I suppose I shouldn't complain. This cooler weather has been a blessing for me, as I haven't suffered through exhausting heat while run. Still weird...

Today's run was a 5 mile Fartlek with a warm up and cool down mile. Over the past few weeks, I feel as though I have been holding back a bit and running with some caution. Today I tried to kick it up a bit. Looking at my previous Fartlek (two weeks ago), I am pleasantly surprised with the stats. I completed the same distance almost 8 minutes faster and at a heart rate of 4 beats slow. A small victory for me, but I'll take it, because it shows me progress.

Also, my weight continues to go down. I have broken through 220 on my way to 180. Still a lot of work to do here, but heading in the right direction.

Mileage: 7.00
Time/Pace: 1:07:42/9:40
Avg Heart Rate: 153

Temp: 59
Weather: Sunny, Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment