Friday, July 10, 2009

Evening Run

It isn't too often that I run in the evening. I prefer to run as early in the morning as possible. It sets my day up nicely. If I wait until later, chances are greater that I get distracted and do not run. This was often the problem when I tried to go to the gym 4-5 days a week. However, today did not lend itself well to a morning run, so I had to run in the evening. I ate a light dinner about 1 1/2 hours before I left. I noticed that I began the run with much more energy. The first two miles felt as though I was floating. As I ran on, I noticed the heat and humidity getting to me, but I still finished the run without incident. Also, instead of focusing on my heart rate I went with how my body felt. I noticed myself moving a bit faster, but it also had me going out faster at the beginning and not holding the pace the entire time.

Mileage: 6.00
Time/Pace: 57:42/9:37
Avg Heart Rate: 156

Temp: 81
Weather: Partly Cloudy, Humid

No comments:

Post a Comment