Thursday, August 19, 2010

Route 96 Time Trial

Everytime I go out, I want to improve my time. I'm never satisfied unless I have beat my previous best. My best 10 mile time trial pace to this point was 23.8mph. I was hoping for an even 24mph.

I didn't quite get there, due largely to a very odd turn around. Riders about .1 mile ahead of me began their turn, which requires reversing direction on the road and avoiding traffic. For whatever reason a car decided to stop and let a few riders cross. This created a traffic jam of 10 or so cars coming to a complete stop. As I approached the turn, the cars on the road were obviously annoyed that they had to stop and started moving, then stopping, and back and forth. This made my turn difficult and I lost at least a handful of seconds. Even with that I still improved my time and finished 9th of 17 riders. There was a 7 second separation between 7th and 10th place.

Mileage: 10.05
Time/Avg Sp/Top Sp: 25:13/23.9/29.4
Elevation Gain: 147ft
Avg HR: 160
T/W: 80, sun, a bit humid

No comments:

Post a Comment