Friday, June 11, 2010

Corporate Challenge


I ran the Chase Corporate Challenge last night. This "fun" run is getting way too overcrowded. It is nice to see so many people attempting this, but what bothers me is the walkers that have no regard for what is happening, that is a RACE (see attached picture of someone who lined up in front of me, courtesy of my wife). There is a clearly marked walkers area, but there seems to be no regard for this. I know for most folks, this is probably a once a year event, so they don't know the etiquette, but I still wonder if something can be done to alleviate this problem. Perhaps a tiered starting time? All, I know is that a was running past groups of walkers (not runners who stopped running to catch their breath) almost up to mile 3. As a result my pace was way off. I was expecting this to some point, but certainly not to this extent. I am only slightly annoyed though, as I now have a new bike (more on that later).

Mileage: 3.53
Time/Pace: 28:27/8:04

No comments:

Post a Comment