Thursday, June 24, 2010

Port Crane Route 369 20 Mile TT

Time Trial Night!

Tonight was a 20 mile ride. I was a bit apprehensive tonight, because of the distance, only being a few days before a race, and the scary looking hill on the elevation profile, but what the hell right?!?

Mileage: 19.66
Time/Avg Sp/Top Sp: 55:39/21.2/34.1
Avg HR: 160
Elevation Gain: 675 ft
T/W: 71/sunny, then rain

The first 6.5 miles weren't too bad, just some rolling hills, but then came the big haul upwards, 500ft ascent in 2.5miles. It was relatively tough for me, but I made it. On the way back I was flying down the hill I just climbing, when the sky opened up and I was absolutely drenched for about 2 minutes. I wasn't able to take full advantage of this downhill, because I was a bit tentative in the rain.

I think I finished about 8 or 9 out of 18-20. Good fun, tired legs, sore ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment