Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Sore 10

Perhaps I am too aggressive with my training at times. I can't help it. I love the progress I've made and want to get faster and fitter, so I push, push, push. Today, I woke up at 4am to get in a 10 mile run before work. It may sound crazy, but I love running at this time of day. The air is calm and cool, no traffic and I get to watch the sun come up. I was looking to run around at 10:20 pace, using my negative split training. I didn't have too much of an issue with this, but around mile 8 my knees both stiffened up pretty good. I spent much of the day tenderly moving around, and "rewarded" myself later this evening with a nice P90X session of Core Synergistics.

Mileage: 10.00
Time/Pace: 1:42:51/10:17
Avg HR: 142
T/W: 55/dark, fog

1 comment:

  1. I envy you! I wish I could get up that early to run. And aggressive is never a bad thing --- unless you hurt yourself! Just be careful, listen to what your body is telling you, and if things are going well, feel free to push it a (reasonable) bit.

    As you said in your comment on my blog, running is fun --- so go ahead and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete