Thursday, June 17, 2010

My First Bike Race!

As you probably know, I spend my weeks in Binghamton for work (about 3.5hrs away from home). It's tough being away from home, but I have been filling the free time with exercise. I found a nice little bike club (Tioga Velo Club) that has a weekly time trial race series. Tonight, I did my first time trial race. I had no idea what to expect, but it was pretty cool. I got passed by almost everyone in the group, but no worries, it was my first time. I finished 13 out of 15 (ugh!)

Mileage: 10.05
Time/Avg Sp/Top Sp: 27:09/22.2/28.5
Avg HR: 156
T/W: 67/sunny, windy

Just for perspective, the winner did the course in about 21:00. The course was pretty much flat. We had a pretty decent head wind for the first half (about 10-15mph).

2 comments:

  1. Congrats FGR! I admire you for being brave enough to try something aside from your running regime. I would LIKE to get a real racing bike and give it a try... but the last time I tried to ride I bike, I fell off...at a really slow speed, so I think I'll stick to my own two feet for now. Congrats as well on your recent 5K performance! I meant to leave a comment for that post, but with the craziness involved with the end-of-the-school-year, I've been guilty of reading without commenting. Nice work! I might see you at the Subaru...before you race by me and leave me in your dust! I seriously hope you score the infamous flamingo prize that evening. It's an award unlike any other! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! That is awesome, I am just getting into cycling. So I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete