I missed my scheduled training ride on Thursday because of an usually sore behind. My hind quarters feeling much recovered today, I got on the bike for some interval work. I had scheduled 3x8 minutes at 86-88% HR (161-166), but I only did two intervals.
In short I struggled. I found it really difficult to get into the target HR without my legs feeling like they were on fire. Maybe that's the point. Or, more likely, I'm out of bike shape. Either way, it was a pretty intense workout, even though I shorted it. I did run a 5K today too, so....
Also, for whatever reason, my Garmin didn't calculate my distance, so I had to do it the old fashioned way (using Xcel of course!)
Total Mileage: 9.38
Time/Avg Sp/Max Sp: 35:00/16.1/23.3
Avg HR/Max HR: 138/161
Interval 1: 2.63 miles/Avg HR 156/ Max HR 160/Avg Sp 19.9
Interval 2: 2.47/154/161/18.6
More bike tomorrow, butt willing.
Race Director Chronicles: Sidónio Freitas and the Madeira Island Ultra-Trail
-
The post Race Director Chronicles: Sidónio Freitas and the Madeira Island
Ultra-Trail appeared first on iRunFar.
A profile of Sidónio Freitas, race direc...
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment